Turquoise is a semi-precious stone that has been prized for centuries for its beauty and its healing properties. It is a blue-green stone that is often found in desert regions around the world and is often used in jewellery and during meditation.
Properties of Turquoise
Turquoise is a copper carbonate hydroxide mineral which allows its colour to vary from light blue to deep green. It is a relatively soft stone, with a Mohs hardness of 5 to 6. This means that it can be scratched by a knife or other sharp objects.
It is a popular gemstone for jewellery, and it is also used in making beads, figurines and other decorative objects. As a relatively affordable stone it is often available in large sizes such as these tumbled stones.
Benefits Of Turquoise:
Turquoise is believed to have a number of healing properties. It promotes communication, intuition and creativity and is said to be helpful for treating throat, eye and stomach problems. It is also a protective stone which wards off negative energy and attracts good luck.
- Communication: Turquoise is said to promote clear and honest communication. It can help you to express yourself more easily and to listen to others with understanding
- Intuition: Turquoise is said to enhance intuition and psychic abilities. It can help you to connect with your inner wisdom and to make better decisions.
- Creativity: Turquoise is said to stimulate creativity and imagination. It can help you to tap into your creative potential and to express yourself in new and innovative ways.
- Protection: Turquoise is said to be a protective stone. It can help to ward off negative energy and to attract good luck.
- Health: Turquoise is said to be beneficial for the throat, eyes, and stomach. It can also help to relieve stress and anxiety.
How to Use Turquoise
Turquoise can be worn as jewellery or placed in your home, office or meditation space as it can be used in meditation and other spiritual practices.
How To Care For Turquoise Crystal
Turquoise is a relatively soft stone, so it is important to care for it properly. Try to avoid exposing it to harsh chemicals or extreme temperatures. You should also avoid wearing turquoise jewellery in the shower or while swimming.
If you are cleaning turquoise jewellery, you can use a mild soap and water solution. You can also use a soft cloth to polish the stone.
Visit the Evergreen UK Boutique crystal store here to see their plentiful range of crystals and gifts.