We all know that water is vital for our health, but what about its importance for our faces? Just like the rest of our bodies, facial skin absolutely thrives on hydration and is essential to keeping you looking like a plump, juicy peach as opposed to a shrivelled prune. So, why is hydrating our face such a big deal? Let’s take a deep dive and find out…
Benefits Beyond Beauty:
Hydration isn’t just about achieving a dewy glow, although granted it’s a wonderful perk, as it goes much deeper, impacting the overall health and function of our skin. What happens when you give your face its H2O fix:
- Plumpness and elasticity: Hydrated skin cells are like bouncy balloons, filling out fine lines and wrinkles for a smoother and younger-looking appearance
- Enhanced barrier function: Think of your skin here as a shield. Hydration strengthens this barrier, protecting it from environmental aggressors such as pollution and harsh weather conditions
- Reduced oil production: Dehydrated skin unfortunately overcompensates by producing excess oil, leading to breakouts and a greasy feeling to the touch. Hydration balances things out for a more comfortable, shine-free complexion
- Healthier cell turnover: Proper hydration ensures that skin cells function optimally, promoting a healthy rate of renewal for a brighter, more radiant look
Now that you know the why, let’s explore the how. Here are some key strategies to keep your face happy and hydrated:
- Drink Up: This might seem obvious, but it’s crucial! Aim to drink 8-10 glasses of water daily, adjusting based on your activity level and climate
- Cleanse Wisely: Ditch harsh soaps that strip away natural oils. Instead opt for gentle cleansers that leave your skin feeling beautifully soft and supple
- Moisturise, Moisturise, Moisturise: This is your non-negotiable step! Choose a moisturiser that suits your skin type and apply it religiously, both morning and night, every night without fail
- Don’t Forget the SPF: Sun damage is a major dehydrator. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily, even on cloudy days
- Treat Yourself: Face masks and serums can provide an extra boost of hydration. Look for ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, glycerin and ceramides
Marie Reynolds London Hydr8 Misting Veil
My secret weapon for keeping my face hydrated is the Marie Reynolds London Hydr8 Misting Veil which is a beautifully simple composition that leaves the skin feeling so quenched and silky. Its three key ingredients of Oat Silk, Hyaluronic Acid and Aloe Vera are naturally protective with powerful healing abilities in this anti-inflammatory and anti-itch formulation.
Ultra-hydrating and non comodegenic, this calming and soothing mist increases the efficacy of other ingredients applied after use, making it the perfect refreshing compliment to any skincare routine. After cleansing the skin you simply spray the mist from arms length in front of the face 4-6 times to reap the benefits of its ingredients of aqua, glycerine (veg), postassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, aloe leaf, oat silk, allantonin, citric acid and hyaluronic acid.
Throughout all seasons, the Hydr8 Misting Veil is so refreshing at the start and end of each day, when catching flights to quench parched skin and after showering post-workout. It can also conveniently be spritzed into the hair to hydrate and tame unwanted frizz, or spritzed during the day over your makeup to rehydrate the skin and minimise the caking and cracking of foundation.
Remember, when it comes to optimum skincare, consistency is key! By incorporating hydration practices into your daily routine, you’ll be well on your way to unlocking a healthy, hydrated and radiant complexion. So, ditch the dullness and embrace the power of hydration – your skin will thank you for it tenfold!
Use code “TRACYKISSDOTCOM” at Marie Reynolds London for 10% off of selected collections.