Squats are one of the most basic and effective exercises that you can do. They work your entire lower body, including your quads, hamstrings, glutes, and calves. Squats also help improve your balance and coordination.
If you’re looking for a great way to improve your overall fitness, squats are a great option. They’re easy to do, and they offer a variety of benefits.
Benefits Of Doing Squats
- Squats can help you build muscle. When you squat, you’re essentially lifting your own body weight which helps to build strength in your legs and glutes.
- Squats can help you burn calories as they are a great way to get your heart rate up and burn calories.
- Squats can help you improve your balance and coordination as they require you to use your core muscles to maintain your balance. This can help to improve your overall coordination.
- Squats can help you prevent injuries as they strengthen the muscles around your knees and ankles. This can help to reduce your risk of injuries.
- Squats can help you improve your posture by strengthening the muscles in your back. This can help to reduce back pain.
Squat Technique Tips
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your toes pointed slightly outward.
- Bend your knees and lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Keep your back straight and your core engaged.
- Don’t let your knees go past your toes.
- Hold the position for a second or two if possible, then slowly return to the starting position.
If you’re new to squats, start with a light weight or no weight at all. As you get stronger, you can gradually add more weight. It’s important to listen to your body and stop if you feel any pain. Squats should be challenging, but they should not cause pain.
If you have any health concerns, be sure to talk to your doctor before starting a squat routine.
Visit Tracy Kiss Coaching for more health and fitness tips!