Incense has been used for centuries to promote relaxation and tranquility. The gentle aroma of burning incense can naturally help to soothe the mind and body, creating a sense of peace and well-being..
There are a number of ways in which incense can enhance calm. Firstly, the act of burning incense itself can be a calming ritual. The gentle flickering of the flame and the mesmerising smoke can help to focus the mind and promote relaxation prior to meditation.
Secondly, the aroma of incense can have a direct impact on the nervous system. Certain scents, such as lavender and sandalwood, have been shown to have calming and sedative properties. When inhaled, these scents can trigger the release of endorphins, which have mood-boosting and stress-relieving effects.
Finally, incense can also be used to create a specific atmosphere in a room. Burning incense in a bedroom can help to create a relaxing and inviting space before bed, whilst burning incense in a living room can help to create a cozy and welcoming atmosphere for entertaining guests.
Tips for using incense to enhance calm:
- Choose a scent that you find calming and relaxing. Popular scents for relaxation include lavender, sandalwood, chamomile and frankincense.
- Burn incense in a well-ventilated area.
- Be mindful of the amount of incense that you burn. Too much incense can be overpowering and irritating.
- Use incense in conjunction with other calming activities, such as meditation, yoga or taking a warm bath.
If you are looking for a natural way to enhance calm and relaxation then incense is a great option. With its soothing aroma and calming effects, incense can help you to create a more peaceful and tranquil environment.
Tips for adding incense into your daily routine:
- Create a relaxing bedtime routine: Burn lavender incense in your bedroom just before bed to help you to relax and fall asleep more easily.
- Reduce stress and anxiety: Burn sandalwood incense in your home, office or workspace to help you to relax and focus.
- Promote relaxation and well-being: Burn chamomile incense in your living room or bathroom to create a calming and inviting atmosphere.
- Enhance meditation practice: Burn frankincense incense during meditation to help you to focus and deepen your practice.
Evergreen have a wonderful range of natural incense sticks, cones and wood to enhance calm and relaxation throughout every aspect of your day.