Living just a stones throw from Central London, England, I have to confess that interactions with seaweed hasn’t been a regular occurrence within my non-coastal upbringing or day to day life… until I discovered Doctor Seaweed at the Om Yoga Show.
Seaweed is in fact a nutritional powerhouse, and DoctorSeaweed’s Weed & Wonderful supplement range is a great way to reap the many natural health and beauty benefits of this amazing marine plant. So let’s take a deep dive into why it’s making waves within the health and beauty industry!
Something that really resonates with me, as a vegan, is meeting individuals who are conscious about their health and the health of our planet alike. Plant-based nutrition therefore goes hand in hand with eco-conscious sustainability and the ethos of this brand is respectfully rooted in nature and backed by science. Discovering the Doctor Seaweed stand at a wellness exhibition made me realise how very little is said, or commonly known, about the benefits of this incredible plant.
Health Benefits Of Seaweed
- Supports thyroid health and metabolism: Seaweed is a rich source of iodine, an essential mineral for thyroid function. Iodine helps to regulate metabolism, energy levels, and the mood.
- Boosts immunity: Seaweed is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can help to boost the immune system and protect against infection.
- Improves heart health: Seaweed contains omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients that can help to improve heart health by reducing cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
- Promotes gut health: Seaweed is a good source of prebiotic fiber, which helps to feed the beneficial bacteria in the gut. A healthy gut microbiome is essential for overall health and well-being.
Beauty Benefits Of Seaweed
- Improves skin health: Seaweed is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can help to improve skin health. Vitamin C is essential for collagen production, which helps to keep skin firm and elastic. Seaweed also contains antioxidants that can protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals.
- Strengthens hair and nails: Seaweed contains biotin, selenium, and zinc, which are all essential nutrients for strong hair and nails.Biotin helps to produce keratin, the protein that makes up hair and nails. Selenium and zinc are antioxidants that help to protect hair and nails from damage.
The Doctor Seaweed Weed & Wonderful Supplement Range
DoctorSeaweed’s Weed & Wonderful supplement range includes a wide variety of products which target different health and beauty concerns, depending on your lifestyle and needs, with something wonderfully useful for everyone.
With coughs and sneezes aplenty this winter, I’ve stocked up on their range of pure Scottish and organic seaweed supplements to keep my health and immune system in tip top shape. Here’s a peak at what’s in my box:
- Pure Organic Seaweed: This supplement is a great way to get a daily dose of the essential nutrients found in seaweed. It can help to support thyroid health, metabolism, immunity, and overall health.
- Beauty+: This supplement is specifically designed to improve skin, hair, and nail health. It contains vitamin C, biotin, selenium, and zinc,all of which are essential nutrients for healthy skin, hair, and nails.
- Focus+: This supplement is designed to improve focus, concentration, and memory. It contains omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin D, and zinc, all of which are important nutrients for brain health.
- Immunity+: This supplement is designed to boost the immune system and protect against infection. It contains vitamins C and D, zinc,and elderberry, all of which are known to have immune-boosting properties.
- Menopause+: This supplement can help to balance hormones naturally, reducing menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, and vaginal dryness, boosts energy levels, reduces fatigue and stress levels and helps to strengthen bones, skin, hair and nails.
Throughout the year, and especially in the colder months, having a strong and resilient immune system is incredibly important to prevent illness and disease. With age, lifestyle and parenthood, energy levels and the ability to work are vital to a consistent and progressive career and healthy family life balance, and so supporting this at any age and stage of life should be a top priority for all.
We can all benefit from reducing brain fog and tiredness, boosting our mental performance, brain function, energy levels and metabolism – not just on a Monday morning, but throughout every event and aspect of our lives. To top it off, having younger looking glowing skin, shiny healthy hair and stronger nails whilst balancing our hormones and supporting our thyroid, sight, bones and muscles is a wonderful beauty bonus that comes from fuelling our bodies naturally from within. I love how glossy my hair has become with the Beauty+ range.
To look and feel incredible should be, and can be, an everyday occurrence when we become conscious about investing in our wider wellness. Seaweed has silently benefitted health and wellness for thousands of years now for which Marine Biologist Dr Craig Rose PhD has made it so conveniently attainable for all.
Doctor Seaweed’s Weed & Wonderful supplement range is plant based and natural, DNA authenticated, gluten free, contains whole food ingredients, is kosher certified and contains no artificial binders. Taking one capsule per day with my breakfast is a quick and easy way to reap the many health and beauty benefits of pure Scottish seaweed and has made such a positive impact on my health, beauty and wellbeing. Where will your journey into natural health and wellness take you?